Vinyl Liner Pools
The vinyl liner constructed pool has been the most popular home in-ground swimming pool in the Midwest because of its durability in harsh winter climates. It’s also been known for its plain rectangle or cigar box shape. However, today’s vinyl liner pools come in an extensive variety of shapes, sizes, and liner designs.
A vinyl liner pool is a metal wall pool built in the ground. It’s named for the large, custom-cut sheet of vinyl that covers or “lines” the inner-steel wall and the smoothed pool floor. The pool arrives at your home as a complete kit with pre-cut steel wall panels, wall braces and the liner.
- Vinyl is typically the most affordable choice.
- Vinyl liner pools can be built in almost any size or shape desired.
- Liners are available in many colors and patterns.
- Properly set steel walls and frames can withstand ground movement and tough winters.
- Pool liner can be punctured causing water leakage and further damage.
- Wear and water chemicals require liners to be replaced every 5 to 6 years.